Michelle’s Introduction to TruEmbroidery Software is here:
Discover the brilliance that is 6D embroidery software
Here you will find a number of recorded Video‘s showing various features of the new 6D Embroidery Software.
What Brands does Ringwood Sewing Centre (formerly Michelle’s Sewing Basket) sell?
Our major brands are; Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff, Singer, Handi Quilter, AccuQuilt, 5D Embroidery Software, TruEmbroidery Software. We will also be authorised stockists of 6D Premier Embroidery Software when it is released later in 2013. You can see all our brands in the shop, and most of them are available here in our on-line shop.
Can I buy a Machine On-Line?
Yes! Consider first that you will need to return the machine to us in the event of a warranty issue. Generally sewing machine warranty’s will allow for replacement of parts by any authorised Dealer, but labour* is only covered when returned to the point of sale.
*Other conditions do apply so read your warranty carefully.
What else do I need to know when I buy a Machine on-line?
Some machine’s are too large to ship by Australia Post and therefore more expensive freighting companies are used. Because of this we have used a Flat Freight charge for all of our oversized items. You can elect to “Pick Up” your purchase, which will allow you to arrange your own shipping, or collect your purchase from our Ringwood shop.
Buying online is quick and easy, but you do miss out on our personal service. We won’t be there to show you how to use your machine, and this could cause you some distress and frustration. Rest assured that your machine comes with a manual that will take you through the set up, use of and maintenance of the machine. This year we plan to release our own series of “Let’s Go At Home” classes and projects. This program will be based on our very successful Let’s Go! New Owners classes and will help you to use your new machine. In addition we can direct you to a number of on-line video’s and tutorials.
Finally, when you by on-line you do not have the opportunity to sit down and compare machines to find the one that suits you best. If you feel comfortable making a decision based on the sales information provided, we welcome your order.
Do you have finance?
No. However we do offer you EziLease, a quick and affordable way for you to have the machine you want today. The good people at EziLease can answer all your questions and process your application right now, just call EziLease at 1300 394 532.
Can you deliver and set up my Handi Quilter?
Yes! We can usually arrange to do this withing the greater Melbourne area, contact us to discuss what we can arrange for you. It takes around 5 hrs to set up the Avante or Fusion frames, and therefore there is a charge for this service.
Do you have any information about thread?, I need help knowing which one to use for my projects!
Yes! We can help with that, just download this nifty flyer from YLI threads.
How do I cut my fabric using an Accuquilt Fabric Cutter?
Can you tell me more about the AccuQuilt Fabric Cutters and Dies?
Yes. Here’s the general information about AccuQuilt products.
Use GO! dies with your GO! and GO! Baby Fabric Cutters to cut precise, accurate shapes in just seconds.
Features and Benefits:
- Cut so much more in less time—Cut up to 6 layers of 100% cotton fabric at once
- Easiest to use—Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Get accurate cuts every time—No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Create quilts you never thought you would—AccuQuilt makes cutting curvy classic quilt patterns a snap
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam—Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut
- Safe to use—No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- No more math—Geometric shapes are designed with an accurate 1/4″ seam allowance in the design
- Quilt more, clip less—No more clipping all those dog-eared corners
- Quick and easy applique—Apply fusible web to fabric prior to cutting
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It’s normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Warranty: AccuQuilt GO! dies are guaranteed for one year.
I’ve brought the AccuQuilt Strip Cutting Dies, have you got any more information on using this die before I start?
Yes. Lee from AccuQuilt made this great video to help you get more from your new die.
I’ve brought an AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter, but now I want to know how I can convert my stash of patchwork patterns so I can use the cutter. How do I do this?